Tuesday 21 October 2014

Glossybox: Pop Art

For my birthday, my wonderful boyfriend got me a year subscription to Glossybox. As you all know from some of my previous posts, I love getting a monthly delivery of make up. It's so exciting waiting for what's going to be new.
October's box was a special edition pop art design, which I loved. The boxes are always useful to store stuff in but I like to have the more special ones out on display storing everyday things I need to use, so this one will be a great addition.

This month I received:
1. Nuxe Creme Fraiche De Beaute Mask (Full size product- 50ml) worth £19.50
2. Etre Belle Cosmetics Liplift Peel (Full size product- 15ml) worth £10.20
3. So Susan Cosmetics Flutter Mascara (Full size product- 4ml) worth £14.95
4. Ciate London Paint Pot (Full size- 13.5ml) worth £9.
5. Yves Rocher France Quelques Notes D'amour (5ml bottle) worth £5.50.
6. Rimmel London BB Cream Matte (8ml bottle) worth £2.

So in total this box was worth £61.15 and I got 4 full sized products which is pretty good!
I've been really excited to use the Nuxe face mask and Etre Belle lip peel as my skin has been suffering lately. I always have dry lips which is really annoying when it comes to wearing lipstick as it just dries them out more, so I'm hoping a few uses of the lip peel will help to solve this!
I'm always excited to get new mascara as it's a basic for me when it comes to make up. Even when I'm feeling a bit ill or I'm just in the house for the day I still always put some mascara on. I'd never heard of So Susan Cosmetics before so I had a look at their website. It looks pretty cool as, like with glossybox, you can earn loyalty points. I haven't cracked open the mascara yet as I have 1 or 2 to use beforehand.

I have loads of Ciate paint pots already but didn't have this colour- PP032 Unrestricted Glam. It's a black colour which is perfect for Halloween coming up but also for the party season. It looks great and as we know, black goes with anything.

When I opened to box and saw the mini perfume, I thought oh dear. Anyone who knows me will be aware that I have a huge amount of perfume... I tend to get bought perfume for any occasion where a gift needs to be given and although it's a lovely gift and I highly appreciate it, I have so many now that I don't think I need to buy perfume for the next 10 years. On smelling this little bottle of Yves Rocher, however, I decided to forget about the stash I have. This honestly smells so amazing. It's got just the right level of floral, without being a bit old lady esque and smells divine. It's meant to have rose, guaiac wood and patchouli. I will definitely be buying this in full size when I've cut down on my perfume hoard.

Finally the Rimmel BB cream- I have to confess I still haven't tried any BB cream, so when I got this mini sized one I thought this was the perfect opportunity. Watch this space!

So overall I can say I'm pretty impressed with this box! Are you a glossybox subscriber? Or do you use another company such as Birchbox? Who do you think is the best?

No comments:

Post a Comment