Firstly apologies that this Friday post is coming to you on a Saturday... I do have an excuse! Yesterday I went straight from work to my manager's leaving drinks and didn't get home until it was technically Saturday so didn't get to finish this off. Anyway.
This week I've chosen a frozen inspired theme. Frozen in every sense of the word- the weather and the film! Now as I'm sure you're aware, it's not actually that cold, which is really annoying me. I love the cold and being able to wrap up in a coat, a scarf, a hat and gloves, and this mild weather is not allowing me to do so. Hopefully writing about the cold will coax it to get colder! I love 'Frozen' the Disney film too, and the colours in the outfits of the characters, and the winter have been an inspiration for these picks.
1. Lipsy Embellished Jumper: £38. I love love love this jumper! The colour is so wintery and very Elsa from Frozen. The snowflake sparkle detailing adds something different to this otherwise casual jumper. Get it here.
2. Ted Baker Embellished Collar Cape in Pink: £269. This comes in small, medium and large, so really easy sizing wise. This reminded me a bit of Anna's cape in Frozen but I love the snowy pale pink and the sparkly neck which would look amazing making an entrance at your next party. Available at John Lewis here.
3. Massimo Dutti Apres Ski collection Trousers: This whole collection by MD is ski bunny chic, but these trousers look so comfy and flattering. They dark wolfy grey is a nice change from black. £79.95 from the website.
4. Ugg Australia Igloo Shearling Gloves: Get a good pair of gloves and they will last you for years. With the shearling trim these are definitely worth investing in and have a traditional Nordic feel to them. £133 at Luisa Via Roma.
5. Uniqlo Ultra Light Down Gilet: £39.90. A more sophisticated gilet than your average one, this is packable, squashable yet simple. It looks expensive with the quilt effect and comes in a range of colours but my favourite is this off white colour. Available in store or online.
6. Finally, some sparkle to go with any outfit, be it with the Lipsy jumper under the Uniqlo gilet or with a party dress, this necklace will had some of Frozen's Elsa's sparkle to any outfit. You can't afford to miss it at only £12.50 from BHS.
That's it for this week. What do you think? In the cold weather you need to be warm but you can easily look fabulous too. Accessories really add to any casual outfit so it's always important to remember your add ons. Happy Weekend!