Sunday 7 April 2013

Chorlton Pub- Open for Vintage!

Last week I visited home. Although it was even colder than London, it was nice to be back in the North and to see my parents.
We visited Chorlton, just near Manchester, to go to the Beech Road Vintage fair. It's a pretty small affair to be honest, but something different.
The stalls are inside, and outside The Beech Inn which is great because once you've had a look round, you can relax with an afternoon drink.

What I liked about this was the fact that it was in a traditional pub. With the way things are with British pubs at the moment, it is great to see a different approach on getting people in!
So although there were only a small amount of stalls, it was a great arrangement of stock.
I came across a new trader which I could have bought a fair few items from if they had fitted! (See: http://www.greenhouse-boutique.com/ to snap up some of their quirky indie style items.)
I ended up buying a couple of pieces from a trader I regularly buy from. One of a Kind vintage clothing always end up tempting me whichever fair I come across them at!
My first buy was an amazing vintage Swedish shirt. It's 100% wool and is approx. 1970s. The pattern is very Escher like. (I'll get a photo when there's some good light!).
My second buy from One of a Kind was an LK Bennett patent leather pouch. Although it's not vintage, I had to have it. I love these little pouches- I use them for everything, Ipod, make-up, hair clips etc. And I was very happy to bag that for £5!
So that's that! Although it seems a humble offering, sometimes the smallest purchases are the most useful.
I'll also definitely be going back next time I'm home, as I also picked up some local produce from the farmer's market that was on the same day- ever tried champagne mustard? Neither had I until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment